Do you have a business continuity & disaster recovery plan in place to protect your business? Business Continuity refers to those activities performed daily to maintain service, consistency, and recoverability. If a disaster does strike, disaster recovery is the process, policies and procedures related to recovery from the event and continuing business as usual.
The following are a few items to think about in your planning process:
- Do you back up your critical data and stored it off site.
- Do you test your restore procedure?
- Do you perform daily, weekly, or monthly maintenance to computer
systems to prevent disaster?
- If your place of business is not available, do you have an alternate
location to continue your business?
- Do you have a trusted I.T. advisor to help you plan, implement, and
recover from unforeseen events?